5 Steps to Legs You’ll Love
With us well into summer, it’s that time of year when smooth and glowing skin is at the top of our beauty regime checklist. Bathing suits, short shorts and dresses are always on the agenda for summer and with that comes hair removal.
After all, nothing quite pairs better with our summer outfits than smooth and hair free bare legs – am I right?
Regardless of how confident I may feel with a razor and lotion, I am always open to learn (and share) tips and tricks for perfect hair-free skin. Below are 3 of my Holy Grail tips to help you get gorgeous skin that will have you showing off your skin and legs all season long!
- Exfoliate – Especially if you deal with ingrown hairs or irritable skin, exfoliating before shaving is crucial and it can easily get rid of dead skin cells that could clog up your razor, which prevents a closer shave.
- Slow & Steady Wins the Race – Take your time. Shaving skin in a rush is never a good outcome and frankly, taking it slow and making sure not to miss any spots will make you a lot happier. Trust me. Who needs smooth skin along with a band aid?
- Use the Right Tools – No matter how amazing you are at exfoliating, shaving and moisturizing, using the wrong tools and products don’t help you at all. I’ve previously mentioned how much I love Schick products and I’m a big fan of their Schick Intuition razor that moisturizes and shaves simultaneously!
- Make it Steamy – Waiting until the end of your shower to shave is the best thing you can do. The heat and steam of the shower help soften your hair and open up your pores which make shaving much easier.
- Protection – Weirdly enough I find that some women forget about SPF on their legs unless it’s a beach day, but even low key days in the sun while in a skirt or dress means that you need SPF on your stems. Protect those babies!
Now that you have the tips and tricks for smoother and glowing skin this summer, Schick and Aveeno have teamed up to offer the right products and the right techniques to give you the legs you’ll love!
Follow these three steps and you will be showing off your bare legs before you know it!
STEP 1: Cleanse
Start with AVEENO® Skin Relief Gentle Scent Coconut Body Wash to cleanse your body and clear your skin and pores of built up dirt and grime. The body wash consists of a creamy and light texture, which leaves the skin feeling, soothes and moisturized.
STEP 2 & 3: Lather and Shave
It’s all about using the right tools when it comes to beauty and the Schick Intuition Advanced Moisture razor moisturizes while shaving in one easy step, with no need for shave gel.
The Schick Intuition razor features a pivoting head and four blades, which are surrounded by a Skin Conditioning Solid containing Shea Butter to moisturize skin with every stroke. As a fan of Shea Butter, I can really never get enough!
SCHICK SAVVY TIP: For tricky spots like your knees, bend slightly to pull the skin tight before shaving as folded skin is difficult (and dangerous) to shave. For the bikini area, shave horizontally, from the outside to the inside of the upper thigh and groin area, using smooth even strokes.
STEP 4: Moisturize
The cherry on top to smooth legs is moisturizing. Skin is at its most sensitive immediately after shaving, so go for a lotion that moisturizes and leaves you with a healthy glow. Not only does AVEENO’s Skin Relief Gentle Scent Coconut Lotion absorb in seconds, but its non-greasy formula hydrates skin for 24 hours. Hello to smooth and hydrated legs all day long!
SCHICK SAVVY TIP: Since skin is sensitive immediately after shaving, wait at least 30 minutes after shaving before applying alcohol-based products on your skin which can result in irritation and stinging.
Sandals – Rebecca Minkoff/ Bag – Zara/ Dress – H&M