If you think you are seeing 50s and 60s nostalgia resurfacing in the form of avocado stoves and colour-faded décor – you’d be right!
Just in time for Spring, this pastel décor trend is making a big comeback into homes, and not just in time for Easter.
It is always a sure sign that Spring is on its way when you start seeing soft hues of cropped pants bouncing down the street, so now it’s time to add those same chalking shades into your home for a little much-needed breath of fresh air (especially after this never-ending winter we’ve been having).
Come on don’t be shy and definitely don’t be afraid of colour – Spring-ify your home just as you would your wardrobe. Tons of designers are bringing back this vintage & whimsical, pale pastel-inspiration – just see for yourself.
But, maybe do it in a way that won’t have you re-thinking that massive pink fridge purchase. The trick is to be smart about where you add colour.
Re-painted and aged furniture and strategically placed accessories would be my picks. This allows you to add some Springtime colour to a room without the massive price tag of purchasing a large piece of furniture you may eventually (sooner than later) want to change up due to some major pastel overkill.
1. Tunes by the Dunes Radio, ModCloth
2. Medium Juggler Vase – Iguana, !ndigo
3. Majorelle Teacup & Saucer, Anthropologie
4. Chenille Throw, ZARA Home
5. Ellie Creamer, Anthropologie
6. Cabinet in Turquoise, IKEA
7. VIDJA Table lamp in pink, IKEA
8. KitchenAid® Artisan Aqua Sky Stand Mixer, Crate & Barrel
9. FABRIKÖR Glass-door cabinet, light green, IKEA