And, it’s everywhere in a big way. We started seeing it grace the runways first in the Moschino Cheap and Chic Spring 2013 Collection and then quickly making its way off the catwalk, into street style and onto celebrities such as Rihanna – proving the pineapple print is one you’ll want in your closet.
But, don’t be thinking come August you will have seen the last of this fruit, as the in demand pineapple image is back as seen in Massimo Giorgetti’s MSGM Resort 2015 Collection.
Here are a few of my favourite home applications of this whimsical print that prove it’s ok to have fun with fashion and design. Now I’m not implying you should wallpaper and carpet your bedroom floor to ceiling in pineapple paper, but a selective touch of the pretty produce can be an adorable, even elegant – yes elegant accent!
Love how it screams “get me a cocktail with a mini umbrella in it over here stat.”
1. Burlap Pillow Covers by Amore Beaute, Etsy
2. Pineapple Lamp, ZARA Home
3. Pineapple (Yellow) by Rifle Paper Co., Hygge & West
4. Home Essentials Del Sol Pineapple Jug Beverage Dispenser, Amazon.ca
5. Vintage Wood Fruit Crate by Northbound Salvage, Etsy
6. Pineapple Watercolor Painting/Cheetah Print, Etsy
Are you inspired to add some pineapple print into your space, or have I just made you hungry?