Layering Style 101 with Reitmans
With Toronto being a “tad” chilly in the winter months, I always like to find new ways to stay warm rather than just throwing a parka over my shoulders and calling it a day. That’s why layering is my number 1 saviour in most cases.
Layering allows me to look chic in some of my favourite pieces without feeling the weight of large heavy knits and coats. And now that I’ve partnered with Reitmans for the next few months to share my favourite looks, I am especially excited to share this first look with all of you! I recently picked up this beauty of a dress that I had been eyeing since first laying eyes on it. The perfect mix of an LBD and casual – chic, this dress can really go with anything. I’ve already paired it with sneakers and a stripped tee underneath, and then of course, this workwear-inspired look!
Rather than treating this dress as an “underneath” piece and pairing it with a blazer, I quickly fell in love with this blue button down blouse from Reitmans and I knew they would look effortless together. I also opted to switch things up and go with a sassy strappy heel, which easily takes the look to evening, and then went with this brimmed hat to create a trendy touch to the look.
When it comes to layering though, the options are really endless, but do I have a few quick tips to help you layer in your favourite pieces instead of throwing on thick knits and coats throughout the fall and winter.
- Use one staple piece to add to your layered look. Think tee, button up, denim jacket or cardigan.
- Don’t limit your options. Like I did with this look, instead of layering the dress underneath, opt for layering a dress onto of your favourite tee or blouse!!
- Know when to layer. Don’t layer a loose top underneath a tight one. It looks less effortless and more bulky = not a good look!
- When all else fails, turtleneck. Seriously, I love pairing turtlenecks underneath a dress, and Reitmans has a bunch like this one that I’m currently loving.
- Lastly, pick up those spring pieces you love. Don’t think that spring or summer pieces need to be left for the warmer months. Layer a spaghetti strap dress with a thick knit and voila!
I hope these layering tips help! For a closer look at my layered look, keep scrolling and don’t forget to visit Reitmans online or in-store and check out their stylish and affordable pieces!
This post is sponsored by Reitmans, however all thoughts are my own especially since this dress is the bomb.com!