On Thursday, August 27, 2015, Le Dîner en Blanc returns to Toronto for their annual secret affair which promises another unforgettable evening of elegance, beauty, and magic at an undisclosed public space whose location is revealed moments prior to the start of the event. Over 1,500 foodies, fashion, and cultural enthusiasts attended the sold-out 2014 event against Toronto’s beautiful skyline backdrop at Ontario Place, and over 2,000 enthusiastic diners are expected this year.
“Each year we strive to create an experience that brings the people of Toronto together in a unique and memorable way to enjoy an elegant dinner with friends,” says Jessica Tan, co-host, Diner en Blanc – Toronto. “We are extremely proud of the way the event has grown and the enthusiasm guests bring to the event every year. We can’t wait for reactions from our guests when they see this year’s phenomenal venue and program.”
True to tradition, guests wear all white outfits and gather at points across the city. Guided by Dîner en Blanc volunteers, guests then are taken to an outdoor Toronto location, travelling by foot, bus and public transportation. Each guest is required to bring a number of items to get involved in the fun dining event so that they could enjoy music, entertainment, dancing, all with some new friends.
Guests must bring
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
- Champagne and/or wine. (Beer and hard liquor are prohibited)
It’s an unforgettable evening filled with visually breathtaking moments including the waving of a cloth napkin to mark the beginning of the dinner and the lighting of sparklers to let guests know they are now free to mingle and dance. When at the end of the evening the trumpet sounds, guests pack up all of their belongings, pick up all their litter and head back into the night, leaving behind no sign of their elegant revelry.
If you’re into a fun dining adventure, than this event is perfect for you!
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- To participate: previous year guests are automatically invited or a registered member from the previous year may invite a new member or get on waiting list via the official website: dinerenblanc.info/register, by Monday, July 6, 2015.
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
For full details on the event’s rules and regulations, please visit the official website: international.dinerenblanc.info/about.
Image via BlogTO