Top Lipstick Picks This Season
I’m a lipstick fanatic. I’ve said it here on the blog before, and I’ll say it again, I believe every woman should have a collection of flattering lip shades for any occasion.
As someone who isn’t scared to try different lipstick hues, I am always on the hunt for a new shade and brand, but I do understand that it can be a little overwhelming for some, so I’ve put together this list of must-have lippies for this season!
While I am a matte lipstick kinda gal, there are so many shades and formulas to choose from. Whether it be a liquid lip in a rusty red hue or a vibrant deep fuscia that glides on smooth for quick application while on the go, you really can do no wrong when choosing a lip pie of your choice.
From a stunning classic nude to a gothic deep purple, here are 7 of my current go-to lippies for the season!
- Sephora Rouge Matte in M14 Wanted – There is no woman on planet earth that doesn’t have the need for a classic red lipstick. There are so many shades of red available, but I’ve been a huge fan of this classic cherry-like red that goes great for day and night. The Sephora Collection rouge matte collection is enriched with shea butter and rich emollients so application is precise all while moisturizing and soothing lips. Plus plus for me!
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Crème Lipstick in Bad Behavior (Holiday Kiss Collection) – Like I mentioned, I love matte lippies, but Marc Jacobs has swayed me. His Le Marc Lip Crème Lipstick formula is soft and smooth on the lips and is designed to last 10 hours. Just in time for the holidays, this is the perfect lipstick for your work to work party festivities. Not to mention this colour is the perfect mix of plum and brown and the packaging is just gorgeous!
- Charlotte Tilbury HOT LIPS in Hel’s Bells – I’m somewhat new to the Charlotte Tilbury brand, but I am already hooked. Aside from CT herself and her amazing work with some of my favourite celebrities, the brand itself stands for empowerment which is something I am always behind. Though the packaging of her products is enough to sell me, I was even happier to realize how great her products actually are – and her lipsticks are no different. This Hel’s Bells shade is named after Helena Bonham- Carter which is so fitting for this magenta-mulberry shade.
- NARS Audacious Lipstick in Stefania – You know my love for NARS, so I won’t have to explain myself with this one. Audacious lipsticks are a real favourite of mine. I have more than I’d like to admit, but there is a reason for that. This deep fuchsia shade may seem more of a summer colour, but I think vibrant shades shouldn’t just be saved for the hot months. This formula also is great for layering and it happens to look great under a darker hue to create some dimension!
- KAT VON D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Project Chimps – Like I said, red is a classic, but this shade from Kat Von D is the perfect rusty red that is so fall- but still very perfect for the holidays! This liquid lip is one of my favourites, so you can’t go wrong with this formula when you want an effortless and no-fuss lippie!
- MAC Cosmetics Lipstick in Media – MAC was the first brand of lipsticks that I fell in love with, so I have quite the collection. Media may seem a tad gothic to some, but it is kinda of like that dark nail polish shade that from afar looks black, but it is really just a deep plum. Believe it or not, it really looks killer against most skin colours. This is a shade that definitely calls for a good lip liner, but when this shade is on, boy is it a show stopper!
- Beauty Counter Sheer Lipstick in Currant – This sheer lipstick is new for me, but it’s literally been in my purse since I tried it. A great nude-like lipstick is crucial for every lady (especially the non-daring ones) and this currant shade was perfect for me. More of a rose-y nude, this lipstick not only looks and feels great alone but I love layering it ontop of my other vibrant shades. What can I say, I like to mix things up!
What lippies are you loving for this season? Share in the comments below!