Juicing appears to be the biggest craze amongst healthy eating/drinking in 2013. Not only can you add Whey Protein to your juices after a workout but they can also be used as a side to a healthy Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner.
For the next 7 weeks, we will post one healthy juicing recipe to get you into the hang of juicing.
This green juice recipe consists of parsley, spinach, pears and celery to make a juice packed with bone-supporting vitamin K. We are aware not everyone has a juicer, which is why we will explain how to make this drink without a juicer as well.
Makes: 2 servings, about 8 ounces each
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
(Note: Each recipe makes two 8- to 10-ounce servings of juice.)
1/2 cup fresh parsley
3 cups spinach
1/2 lemon, peeled
2 medium pears, cut into eighths
6 large stalks celery, trimmed
Ice cubes (optional)
Working in this order, process parsley, spinach, lemon, pears and celery through a juicer according to the manufacturer’s directions.
Fill 2 glasses with ice, if desired, and pour the juice into the glasses. Serve immediately.
Without a juicer:
Coarsely chop all ingredients.
1) Place the soft and/or juice ingredients in the blender and process until liquefied
2) Add the remaining ingredients; blend until liquefied.
3) Cut two 24-inch-long pieces of cheesecloth. Completely unfold each piece and then stack the pieces on top of each other.
4) Fold the double stack in half so you have a 4-layer stack of cloth.
5) Line a large bowl with the cheesecloth and pour the contents of the blender into the center. 6) Gather the edges of the cloth together in one hand and use the other hand to twist and squeeze the bundle to extract all the juice from the pulp.
91 calories; 1 g fat ( 0 g sat , 0 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 192 mg sodium; 409 mg potassium.